Sunday, May 13, 2012

You matter!



Depressed at 29, I believed in nothing, and felt like nothing mattered.  Challenged to research it, I became convinced that the Resurrection is the centerpiece of history, and  gave my heart to Jesus.  Still, a year later, I got hit by such a pit of blackness that I felt like I must be beyond all hope.  

A counselor reached me with this thought: "Depression is a disease; it can be cured; and the God who created the universe thinks about YOU…and smiles."  And she gave me this hope: "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "Plans for good and not for evil, to give you a hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) 

I rode that verse to victory over my depression.  Now I work in a puppet ministry for 3-year-olds, teaching them what many teens and adults need to learn:

"God made you; God loves you; and Jesus wants to be your friend forever."
 Why?  Because YOU matter! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home