Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Skye



well my dear ones,




Did you ever just get tired?

As in, tired of yourself

and just want to give yourself

an extreme home makeover?



That's kind of how I felt

this past New Year's Eve.

Not that I made any resolutions exactly,

I just wanted to try some different things.



I got back into martial arts

after a 15 year hiatus

...not easy,

but I'm struggling through it.



And the puppet thing has been really cool;

it's something for which

I never would have guessed I had any talent

until a friend suggested I try it.



The place where I do puppets is

"a church for people who don’t go to church."

With 3 screens and a full band,

it looks more like a rock concert than a church.



(intro vid here gives a flavor of it:




It's got a very non-traditional look,

and that's likely why it attracts

so many young people.

One of the young people there is Skye.

She's just 16,

yet is already an awesome bass player

(not too surprising, since she played

 a big double bass at age 8)

and she is inspiring me

on the last part of my "makeover."

I have a bass, and I'm taking lessons,

and some day, when I grow up,

I want to be like Skye

(which I'm sure she finds quite amusing).



I may never be up on the big stage like her

but I hope to develop some level of talent

similar to her, and in the meantime,

at least I'm having fun.  =)



The cool thing about talents is this:

while we all have different talents,

and some may have more than others,

there is no one who has been gifted

with zero talents!



God has gifted you with some,

likely many more than you realize.



So, what's that thing?

The thing you've always wanted to try?

It's never too late to try something new.

This could be your time!





Have a great week!



grace, peace, and love to you,


dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home