Monday, January 16, 2012

tough days



well my dear ones,


We are now in the middle of what I call
the tough days, the blue days,
the days between Christmas and Valentine's Day.

These are the days when someone
who has lost someone they love
can be struggling to get by.

A few days ago, I went to mail a package.
The place was crowded,
and long before I got to the counter,
closing time arrived,
and the one woman working there
(it's a small Post Office)
had to let each person out
after they were finished with their business.

Since I was the last one in line
(coincidence?  I think not =>),
eventually, she and I were the only ones there.
I've chatted with her a few times,
so I asked how her Christmas went.
She said, "...not good..,"
so I waited,
and in time I found out
that her Mom died just before Christmas.

She was hurting;
and since there was no one else around
she came out from behind the counter
and gave me a hug
while I prayed with her
for God to give her some peace
...in God's own good time.

Each day, we pass by those
that might seem OK on the surface,
but are nursing heart-felt hurts
known only to God and themselves.

May you always be ready with a smile
or a sympathetic ear
for those who need it.

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to you,
and have a great week!


grace, peace, and love to you,

dave



"What we have done for ourselves alone
dies with us;
what we have done for others and the world
remains and is immortal."
                       --- Albert Pike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home