Sunday, April 29, 2012

joy

( note: originally posted in my LiveJournal, 02 JAN 2011)



well my dear ones,





I saw a really good rock band last weekend.



There was a man in the front row with two daughters,

one maybe 18-months-old, the other, perhaps a 3-year-old.



At one point, they all stood up and danced.



It seemed to me, the Dad danced just to be

having a good time with his daughters;

the 18-month-old watched her sister closely

and danced to mimic her;

but the 3-year-old,

she danced for pure joy,

the joy of just being alive

and sharing a special moment with her Daddy.



There was something familiar about her movements

which made me recall the homeless woman

who danced in the parking lot under the tree limbs,

dancing with the selfless abandon

of one who dances for God alone

and cares not what we mere mortals think.



I recall the saying of the Jesus

that to enter heaven we have to

become like little children,

to have a heart such as they have.



That homeless woman has gone on to her reward,

dancing for joy before her Creator,

whilst angels sing and give applause.







Have a great week!







grace, peace, and love to you,



dave





"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.



                              --- Jesus
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home