Sunday, April 29, 2012

like little children






well my dear ones,





My wife and I were out in a store today

and I saw this young boy,

about 5 or 6,

he had his eyes closed

and he was dancing in the aisle.



The boy's Mom yelled at him

to open his eyes

and to pay attention

to where he was going.



For a second,

he reminded me of that homeless woman,

the one who danced in the parking lot.



(I spoke of her in "joy"

 back in January 2011;

 if you missed it, it's here:




Yes, the little boy had more in common

with the homeless woman

than he did with his own Mom.



He had a simple joyous nature

that I wish more of us could copy.



It was a great reminder to me

to always try to remain

young at heart.



Have a great week!


grace, peace, and love to you,


dave


At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked,

“Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”


He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said:

“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 

Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.



Matthew 18: 1-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home