Sunday, May 13, 2012

hope




 
well my dear ones,




The other night, my wife and I

watched a movie called, "To Save a Life,"

that dealt small cutting, depression

and teen suicide.



It was a good movie

and ended on a hopeful note,

but the thing I liked best

was that they gave a website

where you could post you own story

to help, to lift up others,

to give them a piece of hope.



So, if you have a life changing story

that you think might help someone else,

you can post it here:








However, they do limit you to 175 words.

To some, that may seem like a lot;

perhaps I'm just a bit too verbose;

I had to do six re-writes to get it that short,

to render it down to this:









I couldn't sleep that night till I posted that;

I felt that the kindly grandmotherly angelic lady,

the counselor who saved my life,

and got me re-calibrated,

would have wanted me to so do.



Yet 175 words isn't even enough to do

justice to me describing how cool she was.



As I noted once before,

I won't even go and look up her earthly name

as it would have no real meaning;

it would tend to make her seem like a mere person

when she was so much more than that.



Do I believe in actual angels?



Well, when I was in a pit of despair

the likes of which I pray none of you

will ever have to suffer through,

she handed me hope.

(across these many years,

 I remember it like yesterday

 because hope is such a powerful thing)



So yes, I believe in angels.

And if you are ever in need like I was,

I pray God sends such an angel in your path

to give you a hope and a future.



Have a great week!



grace, peace, and love to you,



dave




"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."


      --- Hebrews 13: 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home