Thursday, October 13, 2011

thinking of you



well my dear ones,


I generally do not read the paper
(I get my news from the internet =>),
yet on occasion
my wife will cut me out an article,
especially if it's a human interest story.

This morning she handed me a story
about a young man which read:

***begin insert***

Kody Lucas, 19,
who was diagnosed with a brain tumor,
is now in Hospice.

One item on his bucket list
is to receive "thinking of you" cards,
not "get well" cards.

[His friend] Draper Watson
is trying to get his bucket list filled for him.

The cards can be mailed to:

Kody Lucas
207 Addison Lane
Perry, GA 31069

***end insert***

For anyone who feels led to so do,
for anyone who has ever asked themselves,
"What can I do?"
(i.e. to make my life make a difference),
here's a chance to lift someone up.

It may seem like a small thing,
but we'll never know this side of heaven
how many of the "small things"
are actually the big things
because God sees things differently than we do.
Have a great week!

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave


"I want you to show love [show mercy],
 not offer sacrifices.
 I want you to know Me[know God]
 more than I want burnt offerings."

Hosea 6:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home