Saturday, August 13, 2011

surfer girl





well my dear ones,


A few weeks ago, my friend, Trish, told me
that I really should go see a movie called
"Soul Surfer," about the life of
a young surfer girl named Bethany Hamilton.
Trish said on a scale of 1 to 10
she considered it to be a "12."

We didn't get a chance to see it in theater,
but my wife picked up the DVD
and this afternoon we finally got a chance
to sit and watch it.
I concur with Trish; it's at least a "12."

Bethany was the young Hawaiian girl
who wanted to be a professional surfer,
but at age 13 (back in 2003)
she lost most of her left arm
in a shark attack while surfing.

Within a month, she was back in the water;
the movie details her amazing courage
in the face of tragedy;
it's the most uplifting movie I've seen
in as long as I can remember!

You can learn more about Bethany here:




and here:


     
Actually, I'm much happier that my wife
got the DVD instead of us going to the theater.
While AnnaSophia Robb did an excellent job
of portraying Bethany,
the DVD had many out-takes on it
including several interviews with
the actual Bethany.
So if you watch it on disc
please be sure and see the bonus material.

I love this young woman!
In the span of a couple of hours
she has risen to become
one of my best inspirations.
and one of my greatest heroes.

Bethany is awesome!




Have a great week!


grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home