Tuesday, June 21, 2011

renewal

well my dear ones,


Recently, my young friend, Will, got married
and asked that some other couples
might speak some words of encouragement
into his marriage.

It's been over a week since I said I would,
but no post happens before its time,
and I just heard some words today
that I needed
to make this an entry
that can apply to anyone and everyone.

A friend reminded me this morning
that while men are looking for respect
women want to be cherished,
to feel that they are special.
Anyone in any relationship
would do well to bear that in mind.

And anyone who is not in a relationship
at this moment in time
might want to remember
the write up I did long ago
about the couple who found love
in their late seventies.

Yes, love, true love, can find you at any time;
so if you're still looking for it,
keep your heart open
and hold on to hope.

For example,
what would you say the odds are
of a divorced woman with three kids
finding love and marriage?

Personally, I'd say they're excellent,
since such was my wife before
we were married;
and we've been married for 19 years;
in fact, we just had a renewal of vows.

Here's our new vows...

http://theeverencouragingword.blogspot.com/2011/06/marriage-renewal-vows.html


And here's our original vows...

http://theeverencouragingword.blogspot.com/2011/06/marriage-vows.html


And here is us getting married
at the edge of the Grand Canyon

http://theeverencouragingword.blogspot.com/2011/06/grand-canyon-wedding.html


As God's natural cathedral,
the canyon has a saying,
"I am ten thousand cathedrals rolled into one."

Since the site where we got married
(West Rim worship site)
is an ancient Native American site,
we thought it appropriate to add
the Apache Blessing to our vows.

You can see the larger cross stitch version
that my wife made here...

http://theeverencouragingword.blogspot.com/2011/06/apache-blessing.html


As I said, we've been married a long time.
So, what's the secret of a long marriage?
Commitment,
communication,
and common goals (i.e. a shared vision,
which prevents battles over
how to spend your time and money).

Love can happen at any time,
and I'm convinced
that God has someone for everyone.
So if you've found your someone,
cherish them;
and if you're still looking
for your someone,
keep an open heart
and hold on to your hope.


Have a great week!


grace, peace, and love to you,

dave



“There is a God, and it's not you.
Objective reality exists,
and you don't control it.
Truth exists, and it can be known.
You are unique in all Creation;
your life has meaning;
and there is always hope.”

--- The Ever Encouraging Word


"I have come that they may have life,
and that they may have it more abundantly."

--- Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home