Wednesday, June 08, 2011

here there be tigers


     

well my dear ones,


Sometimes I’m a little slow,
and sometimes I have to re-learn the same lesson
over and over again.

Thankfully, the wisdom of God is above my own,
so I get the lessons I need when I need them.

My wife and I already have
more than enough things to do,
however,
a feral cat had 5 kittens
and brought them into our backyard to nurse.
My wife was able to catch three of them.

The mother took the other two into the woods;
once they are weaned, we’ll trap all three
so they can be spay/neutered.

In the meantime,
the other three are living in a bathtub.
Too small to eat from a bowl,
they started out being fed from bottles.

Three times a day,
the second we open the door,
all three kitties start crying
to get let out and get their food.
They’re so small that we can
pick up all three on one arm.

Caring for such small things,
such dependent little creatures,
reminds me how much I need
God’s grace on a daily basis.

You can see them here, for
“here there be tigers”
tigers of the hearth, that is *lol*




I’d almost forgotten how much fun it is
to care for some of God’s littlest creatures.

Have a great week!


grace, peace, and love to you,

dave


"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil:
 God will not hold us guiltless.
 Not to speak is to speak.
 Not to act is to act."
      --- Dietrich Bonheoffer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home