Sunday, May 15, 2011

cookies


     

well my dear ones,


I recall that when the Jesus walked the earth
one of his disciples [Peter] asked him
how many times he must forgive someone
who wronged him...seven times?

Jesus told him, "no, seventy times seven."

Dude!
And clearly, from the context,
he did not mean we have to forgive someone
four hundred and ninety times;
he meant an infinite number of times!

Easy to say, not so easy to do,
not for me anyway.

In fact, lacking the grace of God,
I find I can't do it at all,
...not even once.

There was a time
when I thought I could collect up
a big pile of grace,
kind of bank it,
and if I banked enough of it,
maybe I could rise above temptation
and never do anything wrong
for the rest of my life.

Gah!  How stupid of me! *lol*

Fortunately,
grace is like the dawn,
fresh and new each and every day.

Or it's kind of like a loaf of bread,
or a big plate of cookies,
baked fresh by God, for us, each day.

You can eat the cookies, or not,
but you can't store them
(just like the Israelites
 couldn't store the manna);
yet there's no need to
for there will ALWAYS
be a fresh batch tomorrow.

Fortunately for me,
God is the God of 2nd chances;
God is the God of 5832nd chances;
God is the God of infinite chances;
if I but ask it,
God will lift me back up
each and every time I fall
(also always true for everyone,
 regardless of what they've done
 or how many times they've fallen,
 else grace would not be grace)

And that is why,
each and every day,
I take my "cookies" of grace;
and I hope you do likewise
for they are yummy and good for you,
yet also sugar and fat free. =)


Have a great week!


grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

“There is a God, and it's not you.
 Objective reality exists,
 and you don't control it.
 Truth exists, and it can be known.
 You are unique in all Creation;
 your life has meaning;
 and there is always hope.”

   --- The Ever Encouraging Word



"I have come that they may have life,
and that they may have it more abundantly."

                              --- Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home