Sunday, April 24, 2011

just in time

 

well my dear ones,


A wise husband does not forget
his anniversary or his wife's birthday;
he shops early, and ensures he has it covered.

I meant to get my wife an Easter card
and some of her favorite chocolates...
No, really, I did.

However, "stuff" kept coming up.
You know how it is,
got to do this,
have to do that.

Next thing I know,
I'm out of time.
So, as I went to sleep Saturday night,
I figured, "well I'll get up really early;
I'll sneak out to the pharmacy;
they're open 24 hours a day."

Yes, they are...but not on Easter.
I googled all the 24 hour pharmacies
just before I left the house at 6 AM,
but when I got there,
every single one was closed.

As I left the last one,
I was sitting at a stop light
and I felt the prompting,
"Go there."

"There" was a gas station.
It made no sense.

Yet when the Spirit of God speaks,
I at least try to listen. =)

I got a cup of coffee,
and the nice lady (Hazel by her tag)
asked, "anything else?"

I told her I'd love to get an Easter card
for my wife, but I figured they didn't have any.

They did not, she said,
but added that the store down the road
had cards and was open already.
(never would have thought to go there
 had she not told me; did not know
 they were open)

The husband and wife cards were all sold out,
but there was one card left,
a card for a woman who gardens (my wife, in spades!)
with purple boots (her fave color)
and a red watering can (just like the one she has).

They also had one thing of dark chocolates
(another wifely fave)
and one bouquet of purple Easter flowers
(which she absolutely loved)
...talk about Divine Providence!

And all this happened
in the space of a minutes
just as the sun was rising,
in other words,
at the very same time two millennia ago
when the women came upon
an empty tomb,
and were told,
"You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified.
He is risen! He is not here.
See the place where they laid Him..."

So, yes, I went back and thanked Hazel,
and thanked her for hooking me up
with flowers, card, and candy (woot!)

I told her God used her to hook me up
(now she'll have a story to tell her friends).

I thought I was too late,
but, as is often the case
when you call on God for help,
everything happened just in time.


A blessed Easter to you and have a great week!


grace, peace, and love to you,

dave


"I have come that they may have life,
and that they may have it more abundantly."

                              --- Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home