Tuesday, June 28, 2011

suppose I told you a story

well my dear ones,

Suppose I told you a story
of a dog that got hit by a truck,
hit by a man who stopped for a second,
saw that the dog was still alive,
and then took off.

Suppose I told you
that someone found the dog,
took it to a vet
where it was scanned,
found to have a chip,
so the owner was called
...and she didn't want the dog back.

Well, that would be pretty awful, no?

Yet suppose I further told you
that the lady who stopped
and saved the dog
and brought it to the vet
paid to have it fixed up.

And suppose I told you
that the vet put its back legs in splints,
and that the dog needed physical therapy;
also that the vet found someone
who wanted that poor doggie;
and that THAT guy needed physical therapy,
therapy that he had been neglecting,
but he now goes to his physical therapy
because the dog needs it, too;
and for that reason alone
he goes into the pool with the dog.

Well, that might seem
more like the hand of Divine Providence
making the best of a bad situation
and bringing two hurting souls together
to help each other...

...yes, the whole thing is true;
my friend, Judith, is the one
who stopped for the dog,
who is now in a better home,
one where he is well-loved,
one where man and dog
can heal together and bond
and add to each others' lives.

Although the beginning freaked me out,
it pleased me well to hear this tale
to its conclusion;
hence, I pass it on to you.

Have a great week!

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

"Until one has loved an animal,
a part of one's soul remains un-awakened."

--- Anatole France

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home