Monday, July 18, 2011

safe

well my dear ones,

I woke up this morning
and felt something fuzzy on my arm.

Usually, we put the three small kittens
we are raising
in my wife's office for the night.

But when it was time to put them in,
only two were around,
so one got left out somewhere,
likely sleeping in some hidey spot.

Then, sometime in the night,
he must have awoken alone
and realized he couldn't get inside
the office with his sis and bro.

So instead,
he looked around to find me...

http://theeverencouragingword.blogspot.com/2011/07/neely-on-my-arm.html

The more I observe our small furry friends,
the more I'm convinced that everything
wants to feel safe, wants to feel loved.

Knowing that his daddy would keep him safe,
Neely snuggled himself into the crook of my arm.

And in doing so, a 10-week-old kitten
displayed more common sense
than I often do myself.

When times get tough,
why don't I just snuggle up
into the arms
of the ever-living ever-loving God
who made us all?
Where I could cast all my cares
and rest nice and safe?

Hence, I observe our little friends,
and strive to develop
the same child-like faith in God
that our little friends have in us.

Have a great week!

grace, peace, and love to you,
dave

"Until one has loved an animal, 
a part of one's soul remains un-awakened."
--- Anatole France

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home