Tuesday, July 18, 2017

inmate surprise




 
 
Well my dear ones,
 
I haven’t said much lately
as I have had little to say.
 
Yet recently, I did see something heart-warming,
in fact, it was just today.
 
When I heard a senior citizens choir
performed at a jailhouse, I figured,
“Hey, this isn’t Elvis with his
 Jail House Rock.”
Yes, I thought they got laughed
off the stage by these tough,
hardened inmates.
 
Actually, I could not have been more wrong;
the choir was clear that one of their members
had just died and this was in memoriam.
 
The inmates’ response was not just respectful,
it was beautiful.
 
https://www.happiest.net/2017/07/18/old-folks-crash-jail-music-starts-even-toughest-inmates-left-tears/
 
That’s just touching,
and helps restore one’s faith in human nature.
 
grace, peace, and love to you,
dave
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home