Friday, May 26, 2017

Talents




 

 

 

Well my dear ones,

 

I believe we all have God-given talents,

although some of us

may just have yet to develop them;

even if you don’t think you have any,

I’d be willing to be you do. =>

 

Years ago,

my wife and I met a young woman

whose opening line to us was,

“Hi! I’m Lydia; I have no talents.”

 

In context, that line was in

response to my wife’s and my review

of her friend Madi’s talents.

Yet as the years passed,

it became evident that Lydia

(just like her namesake in the Bible)

has many God-given talents. =D

 

Now some may worry about

having the time to work on things,

as in, they see now that they

may just have a talent,

yet might it not be too late?

They learned about it later in life;

so can God restore the time

they could have used on their talents

yet spent on other things?

 

A good question; to answer it,

I’ll have to dial the clock back

about 2800 years,

back to the year 835 BC,

to the time of the prophet Joel:

 

“So I [God] will restore to you

 the years

 that the swarming locust has eaten.”

         --- Joel 2:25

 

 

There’s a lot of hope there,

like that it’s never too late,

and that our best days

are still ahead of us

... I love that!

 

In honor of all who have

sacrificed for us,

have a blessed Memorial Day! =>

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

 

“For I know the plans I have for you,”

 says the Lord.

“They are plans for good

 and not for disaster,

 to give you a future and a hope.”

            --- Jeremiah 29:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home