Monday, November 16, 2015

dealing with serious heartache



 

Well my dear ones,

 

 

What would you do if your beloved

died in a tragic accident 

right before your wedding?

 

And then, years later,

your new love died of an illness,

2 weeks before your second-planned wedding?

 

Freak out? (I think I would)

 

Get ticked off at the world?

 

Get ticked off at God?

 

 

Or, live a life of gratitude

and service to God and others

in spite of all that happened

(totally beyond the comprehension

 of most of us today)

and author a hymn to God

that is one of the best known

and most heart-felt ever written?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjUoE2fack

 

 

Joseph Scriven, I stand humbled by you…

 

...blessings to you...

 

...actually...

 

I’m sure you have more than I can calculate.

 

I’ll see you in heaven;

I’m looking forward to a chat;

in the meantime, thanks for the hymn.

I never knew the story behind it before;

but now that I do,

it will mean a lot more to me

whenever I hear it; thanks again.

 

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home