Sunday, November 08, 2015

clutter

***

 

 

 

Well my dear ones,

 

 

A long time ago,

one of my engineering bosses,

who was all about the power look

(he later quit our company,

 became a district judge,

 started his own political party,

 and ran for president of the USA

 ...for real; no kidding;

 I don’t make this stuff up =>)

gave me a book to read called,

...no big surprise here,

“The Power Look.”

 

I actually did read the book

before returning it to him.

It was pretty much about how to

dress for success in the business world,

and it did have some good basic

practical advice on that.

 

But my main take-away from the book

was something the author said

about cleaning out your closet:

he said to look through your stuff,

and anything you hadn’t worn

in the last year,

you weren’t likely to wear this year;

hence, it should be dispensed with,

like given to Good Will.

 

Over the years,

I’ve found that to be good advice

that applies in situations

other than just closets.

 

Like most people,

my wife and I had an attic full of

...God alone knows what...

mostly cardboard boxes with cryptic markings

like “extra Christmas stuff”

or “bottles, plates, and lamps.”

 

A couple weeks ago,

my wife had me empty the entire attic;

a few sentimental things were retained;

but most everything went to Good Will

(which conveniently has a drop off

 center right down the road =>).

 

Now we have the emptiest attic around;

and it’s way cool to have all that

clutter gone from out lives.

 

Yet that got me to thinking:

how much clutter was I carrying,

like lugging around on the inside?

 

How many mistakes, regrets,

past things I can’t change,

junk, downright sins,

was I carrying around?

 

Actually, I had a huge pile

of that clutter,

and I was tired of it;

so I did the “let go, let God” thing;

I left it at the foot of the cross,

praying,

“let the blood of Jesus

 was all of this away.”

 

From personal experience I can tell you:

it’s not good to try and carry burdens

that God alone can handle.

 

How about you?

 

Got any clutter in your life

that you’re getting tired of carrying?

 

It might be time to let it go. =)

 

Have a great week!

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

 

“There is a God, and it's not you.
 Objective reality exists,

 and you don't control it.
 Truth exists, and it can be known.
 You are unique in all Creation;
 your life has meaning;
 and there is always hope.”

 

   --- The Ever Encouraging Word

 

 

"I have come that they may have life,

and that they may have it more abundantly."

 

                  --- Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home