Monday, April 21, 2014

Georgie

 

 

 

well my dear ones,

 

 

Our cat, Georgie, lives on the front porch;

he has a little house to sleep in,

and every morning he is sitting there,

right at my feet crying for his food.

 

And every time I open the front door,

or the garage door,

he is right there crying for treats.

 

Every morning, he follows me to my car

hoping to scam a few extra treats

before I pull away.

 

Sadly, tonight, someone ran him over.

 

I was just playing with him

and giving him his favorite treats

a couple of hours ago,

and now he’s gone.

 

This was our little fuzz, Georgie:

 


 

 

To the person who killed him,

the one who ran him down

and didn’t even stop

while he lay dying in the road,

I just want to say,

“We forgive you.”

 

And to Georgie, I say,

“We love you,

 and we pray to God

 for a place for you

 in deep heaven

 so we can love on you some more.

 In the meantime,

 you will be missed, little fuzz.”

 

Thank all y’all for listening,

and have a great week.

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home