Sunday, April 20, 2014

forever warranty



 

well my dear ones,

 

 

I’m a knife guy,

have been since I was about eight;

I’m intrigued by good designs

and high quality.

 

I read lots of knife reviews,

and if I find something well-regarded

by a lot of people,

I’ll pick one up

and evaluate it for myself.

 

Last week I picked up a Buck knife,

a simple single-blade folder (model 302);

it’s got decent steel,

it holds a good edge, and it cuts well.

 

[for those who care about specs,

 it’s a slim knife that is 3-7/8” folded,

 so it fits well in a pocket;

 and the blade is just under 3”

 so it is UK-legal, as well as being legal

 in most big cities, since it is a slip joint,

 as in, the blade does not lock open;

 here’s a pic of it:

 


 

 

However, more impressive than all that

is the warranty that came with it,

one which they like to refer to as their

“forever warranty.”

Here’s a pic of it:

 


 

 

I like companies like that,

ones that take their products seriously,

that’s why this isn’t the first Buck knife

that I’ve ever bought...more like the 25th.

 

But I didn’t buy all those knives

just because of the warranty;

I also like the

“Message from the Buck family,”

the one they post on the back of

the warranty card; it’s this:

 


 

 

I haven’t heard of a lot of companies

that make God their Senior Partner,

yet it is most likely the reason

that they’ve been so successful

for the past 112 years.

 

And they’re not kidding;

these guys are on the level;

I wrote to them about it,

about that message,

and I got a personal letter back

from the current president, Chuck Buck.

 

I told him I liked the John 3:16 reference

and he confided to me that his Dad,

Al Buck, had passed away on Easter Sunday,

March 31st 1991, or, as Chuck put it,

his Dad

“went home to be with the Lord

 on Resurrection Day.”

 

That’s a cool way of looking at it;

I hope you all had a great

Resurrection Day.

 

 

Have a great week. =)

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home