Monday, October 14, 2013

Overcomer




 

well my dear ones,

 
 

While I find more and more things

over which I have no control,

I am also discovering

the joy of simple things,

things I mentioned before,

things like spending some time

with an old friend,

or catching a good song

at just the right moment.

 

There’s a singer I really like, Mandisa,

a young woman who got “discovered”

on the fifth season of “American Idol.”

 

Actually, she got severely disrespected

by one of the judges on the show

who made some really awful comments

about her being overweight.

 

Much to her credit,

Mandisa offered him unasked forgiveness,

which elicited a much-deserved apology.

 

Anyway, while I like her

“Good Morning Song”

she recorded with her hiphop bud, tobyMac,

I really enjoy her latest song,

which I happened to catch one day,

and have listened to numerous times since,

called “Overcomer.”

 

In her own case,

the thing she worked to overcome

was an addiction to overeating,

but the cool thing about her song

is that it appeals to any of us

and whatever it is

we are wanting to overcome.

 

You can see the lyrics here:

 


 

Or you can listen to the mp3 here:

 


 


If you have anything in your life

that you’d like to get beyond,

I hope this song will inspire you

to be an Overcomer.

 


Have a great week! =)

 


grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home