Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Thief



 

 
well my dear ones,

 

The other day, Good Friday,

I was listening to the radio,
and they were talking about Jesus on the cross

and the thief hanging next to him.
They noted the fact that Jesus,

despite all his own pain and suffering,
just as soon as the thief asked,

"remember me when you come into your kingdom,"
Jesus was right there with the assurance that, "today you will be with me in paradise."

How cool is that?

I mean, I am the thief,

robbing God of His due;
and yet, as soon as I turn to Him,

as soon an anyone turns to Him,

He is right there with mercy

and grace and love for us.


I thank God for the grace of God!

 

Some ancient writings indicate

that the Thief dwelt in the desert,

and robbed or murdered anyone

who was unlucky enough to cross his path.

 

The interesting thing about the Thief

is that he didn’t do anything

to work his way into heaven;

he couldn’t; he didn’t have time.

A couple of years ago,

I walked into a church on Easter,

and they were singing about the Thief.

 

I remember thinking,

“wow, what if besides telling him

 that he’d be in Paradise that very day,

 Jesus also told him,

 ‘Oh yeah, by the way,

  a couple thousand years from now,

  a thousand people will sing a song

  about you trusting me,

  and by means of things yet to be invented,

  people all over the world

  will be able to hear it at the same time.’”

 

 

I imagine at the time his brain wouldn’t

have been able to process the info.

 

Today, he likely finds it amusing. =)


I hope you had a blessed Easter;

and don’t forget that each day

is a new day, a new gift from God,

and full of the promise of better things.

 

Have a great week!  =)

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home