Wednesday, March 06, 2013

non-verbal



 

well my dear ones,

 

As an engineer, I’m a fan of technology,

especially if it’s the kind that helps people.

 

This morning I was listening to a radio show

where they were talking about notebooks,

the electronic type,

the type that can hold hundreds of books,

and speaking about them as a possible

replacement for textbooks for school.

 

I recall my school days,

when I had to carry like 40 pounds of books;

hence, I support such advances.

 

While I was listening,

a guy called in who worked with

people who have special needs,

specifically, those who are non-verbal.

 

He said whenever he provided someone

who is non-verbal with a device that

allows them to communicate,

the first thing they say, in every case,

is, “I love you, Mom.”

 

The man elaborated that what he learned

from that is that every person

is here for a reason;

even those who are different from us,

and those with special needs,

all are a part of God’s plan.

 

The next time I get impatient with someone

I plan to try and bear that in mind.

 


Have a great week.

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home