Monday, September 24, 2012

in time of need



 

well my dear ones,

 


I was on my way home from work today,

passing by a parking lot at a small strip mall,

and I saw a guy on a bench

with his head in his hands.

He was as distraught as anyone I've ever seen;

he was definitely someone

in time of need.

 

As I was passing by

God laid it on my heart

to go pray with this guy, like now.

 

So I did, and he was cool with it.

 

Do you find that odd?

Hardly.

 

If you open yourself to other's pain,

if you open yourself to being used by God

when someone's in their time of distress,

then such things may not be infrequent.

 

Show me someone from outside

the Arch of Time

God made for us in which to live;

show me someone who gave birth to themselves

and who knit their own soul,

and I might agree that such a one

has no need of prayer.

 

However, for the rest of us mere mortals,

I think we could all use

as much as we can get.

 

He mostly just cried while I prayed;

the deep yearnings of his soul

known only to him and God.

 

I don’t know the guy's name;

I didn’t ask.

I don’t know the source of his pain.

God knows these things,

and I have no reason to know.

 

Yet one thing I'm sure of;

I told the man why I stopped by;

so he knew

that in his time of need

God cared enough

to send someone

to let him know

that his prayers were heard,

his pain was felt,

and that he was loved.

 

In your own time of need

I pray you know the same.

 

 
Have a great week!

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home