Tuesday, April 26, 2016

you’re special




 

 

 

Well my dear ones,

 

 

At Christmas, and Valentine’s Day,

the Hallmark Channel runs marathons;

and my wife records all those movies

so we can watch them together.

 

They’re always well done;

and it’s a nice way for my wife and I

to spend a batch of time together.

However, if I were to get my idea

of how life is supposed to be

from current movie trends,

I would have to conclude that

it’s bad to be alone...

and that’s just not true.

 

In his letter to the church at Corinth,

the apostle Paul said,

“I wish everyone were single, just as I am.

Yet each person has a special gift from God,

of one kind or another.”

 

Paul was given the gift of

being God’s scribe for half the New Testament.

And if you’re single,

whether by choice or not,

whether short term or long term,

God has endowed you with gifts

and has a plan for your life

(& better than our own plan =>)

to let you use those gifts in helping others.

 

Our society today puts a premium

on finding someone, on having someone.

But you don’t need to find someone

in order to be someone;

in God’s eyes,

you already are someone,

you’re special! =D

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

 

“For I know the plans I have for you,”

says the Lord.

“They are plans for good

and not for disaster,

to give you a future and a hope.”

 

            --- Jeremiah 29:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home