Saturday, August 09, 2014

our heroic furry friends



 

 

Well my dear ones,

 

 

I was reading an article today that had a link

to a blast-from-the-past,

a heart-warming story about a pit bull

that took a bullet and lost her leg

in order to save her family.

 

I know that breed in particular

is often maligned,

but you have to love this little girl:

 


 

 

That led me to another story of a pit bull

that saved her owner from being hit by a train

by pulling her to safety, and in the process,

being hit by the train herself:

 


 

 

And that led me to do a search on heroic dogs,

yielding some cool stories that lifted me up.

 

 

25 Heroic Dogs and How They Saved People:

 


 

 

Incredible stories of dogs saving human lives:

 


 

 

In the  Bible, Jesus points out that,

“Greater love has no one than this,

than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”

(John 15:13 NKJV)

 

Besides people doing that,

there have been dogs that did so.

Check out the link below to see

10 dogs that saved their owners

by making the ultimate sacrifice:

 


 

 

I recall that Disney movie,

“All Dogs Go to Heaven.”

I’d say there is much justification

for that thought.  =D

 

 

Not to leave out our other furry friends,

there have also been some heroic cats:

 


 


 


 


 


 

 


 

 

 

Yay!

It’s no wonder so many of us treat

our doggies and kitties as family members.

As these stories show,

they are some of God’s most awesome gifts to us.

 

 

 

Have a great week. =)

 

grace, peace, and love to you,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home